ME

My photo
I live in southern kentucky with my husband of 27 yrs. I am starting a hobby farm with goats rabbits chickens 2 dogs and 1 cat. I love being around animals and caring for them. I have a small greenhouse my husband built for me that I grow all different plants in and I love doing crafts. Pretty much anything where I can be outside or be creative is right up my alley. My philosophy on life is a little dirt under your nails, poop on your shoes and slobby on your cheek keeps the men in the white coats away. lol. Everyone should be so lucky.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Goat stand

  As we get older we all pay for being bent over for to long, the back SHOUTS I don't think so. Well I researched how to build a goat stand to bring them up off the ground to take care of thier feet. I started building it, then Rich got home and helped me finish it. We where dying to try it out so I went and let Sarge out of the pasture, walked him up there and Rich started doing his feet. I was bent down in front of his face talking to him to distract him from what Rich was doing. As he is so pleasently chewing his cud and I am telling him what a good boy he is, HE SNEEZED. He blew slim all over my face. It was so nasty, and stunk, at least I didn't have my mouth open at that second. As I am standing there covered in goat cud, my sweet husband is almost rolling on the ground with uncontrollable laughter. I couldn't help but start laughing to , it wasn't Sarges fault, he was just being a goat that had to sneeze. Thats what you get when you treat you animals like there kids but I can't help it. I went in and washed my face and all was good. Lesson learned, squat next to them not directly in front of them or you may get a cud shower.
  Buddy our golden retriever had his ball that he is OCD about, in his mouth. He was running across the yard with his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth to go to Rich so he could throw the ball. Well he ran into the electric fence wire thats around the goat pasture and his tongue is what touched the wire. OMG you would have thought someone was trying to kill him, he dropped his ball, which rolled into the pasture and ran for his life. I felt so bad for him, after he recovered from his ordeal he just sat across the yard looking at his ball in the goat pasture. All he knew was he wasn't going to be the one who fetched it. Poor baby, We got it for him. He won't go near the goats, I think he thinks they had something to do with it.lol

No comments:

Post a Comment