ME

My photo
I live in southern kentucky with my husband of 27 yrs. I am starting a hobby farm with goats rabbits chickens 2 dogs and 1 cat. I love being around animals and caring for them. I have a small greenhouse my husband built for me that I grow all different plants in and I love doing crafts. Pretty much anything where I can be outside or be creative is right up my alley. My philosophy on life is a little dirt under your nails, poop on your shoes and slobby on your cheek keeps the men in the white coats away. lol. Everyone should be so lucky.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Burrrrrrrr

Well up early this cold morning. We have had very nice weather for Jan. and so far in Feb. Day time up in the 60s. This morning its below freezing and very crisp looking outside. I am sitting here drinking a nice hot cup of cocoa, thinking about the stuff I need to get done today. We have cold nights coming in for atleast the next week so bedding changes are the biggest task of the day. Still waiting on goat births, boy do they take their time. A doe we purchased ( breed ) last summer was suppose to be due mid Dec. well its Feb. and we are still waiting. Apparently she didn't take before we got her but got a bun in the oven once here from our buck. Which is fine except not knowing when she is going to have the little monkeys. Also got 3 more does due very soon and 2 more due in April. I can't wait. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment