ME

My photo
I live in southern kentucky with my husband of 27 yrs. I am starting a hobby farm with goats rabbits chickens 2 dogs and 1 cat. I love being around animals and caring for them. I have a small greenhouse my husband built for me that I grow all different plants in and I love doing crafts. Pretty much anything where I can be outside or be creative is right up my alley. My philosophy on life is a little dirt under your nails, poop on your shoes and slobby on your cheek keeps the men in the white coats away. lol. Everyone should be so lucky.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Oh the babies just keep coming

+M
Well we are blessed with babies for our first year of goats. In one week we have had 6 new additions to our herd and all are little doelings. Besides Shirley delivering 2, Cinnamon had 1, Saturday night Butterscotch finally had her babies, only 2 but she was big enough to have 4 in there. Today Laverne had 1. Now we are done til April then we have 2 more does due to birth. WWWWHHHHEEEEWWW. Its so much fun watching these little sweethearts jumping around, expierencing the world and driving moms crazy. Its funny how they don't mind thier mommas.  I have pics of Butterscotch's little ones but I don't have pics yet of Laverne's, I'll get those tomorrow. Have a great day.










We had a little nubian buck at our house for a couple days, didn't think he was old enough to do anything plus he wasn't going to be here for very long. Well when Gizmo girl came out we where more then a little baffled. ( Where did those ears come from. ) It actually took us a couple hours til it registered, Mavrick the nubian buck. To look at these two babies you would never think they were both born to the same momma, and the same pregnancy. One more thing, Gizmo girl was born breech and upside down. Wild.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics!! So glad your babies are happy and healthy. I can't wait to till I have time to go through your blog, sounds like we are of like minds :).

    not sure if your on facebook but here are my links.
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1463516090&ref=tn_tnmn

    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1463516090&ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Russells-Ridge-Nubians/131381693617024

    I try to update my blog often but i'm on facebook daily.

    ReplyDelete