ME

My photo
I live in southern kentucky with my husband of 27 yrs. I am starting a hobby farm with goats rabbits chickens 2 dogs and 1 cat. I love being around animals and caring for them. I have a small greenhouse my husband built for me that I grow all different plants in and I love doing crafts. Pretty much anything where I can be outside or be creative is right up my alley. My philosophy on life is a little dirt under your nails, poop on your shoes and slobby on your cheek keeps the men in the white coats away. lol. Everyone should be so lucky.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Goat Stalls

Well on the coldest day we have had this winter, my hubby and I worked out in the barn ( unheated ) all day building 2 more birthing stall. We had one already but my girls are due so close together, we thought adding 2 more would be a good choice, Well as of this moment we do not have any babies but with the barometer dropping as low as they are calling for tonight and tomorrow night, It will probly happen. Shirley is due the 14th and Laverne and Cinnamin are due the 18th. It was pretty funny trying to do all this construction with the goats in there with us. They are the most curious monsters. They would knock the box of nails over or try to chew on the board I was cutting, Not to mention climbing on everything including us. Then when I tried to put fresh straw in the stalls, they ganged up on me wanting to eat everything in site. Lord we are so tired and its going to be hours before I warm up. Its 26 degrees outside with the windchill at 16, suppose to get down to 14 degrees tonight, its cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment