ME

My photo
I live in southern kentucky with my husband of 27 yrs. I am starting a hobby farm with goats rabbits chickens 2 dogs and 1 cat. I love being around animals and caring for them. I have a small greenhouse my husband built for me that I grow all different plants in and I love doing crafts. Pretty much anything where I can be outside or be creative is right up my alley. My philosophy on life is a little dirt under your nails, poop on your shoes and slobby on your cheek keeps the men in the white coats away. lol. Everyone should be so lucky.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Not enough hours in a day.

The last couple of weeks around here has been crazy. All the goats birthing and trying to get the incubator ready for eggs, Spring fever hitting early which is causing me to not get the things done that I need to do now before spring hits. Hubby's been sick, company from out of town for 5 days. Not mention the everyday stuff we have. I have been out of straw for a couple of weeks and the animal beds ( gross) finally got cleaned out and new straw put in yesterday. That task took most the day to complete which today I am paying for ( the back is screaming at me ) but we are good for a couple of weeks.

I have my list made out for garden seeds but thats as far as that has went. I'm behind on ordering seeds. This year I have alot of plans for gardening, I want to go all raised beds and large tub planting for potaoes. And I haven't even broke ground for any of it. GGGGRRRR. Theres just not enough hours in the day and to many other things going on.

 This is my first year with goats in milk and I so want to try goat milk and try making goat cheese and yogurt. Been searching for more canning jars with out much success. I'll end up having to buy new one but I'll at least have them for future use. We have an animal flea market near us that has started up for the year and I've been getting stuff ready for that. Plus the huge yearly Mennonite sale April 7, here in Scottsville Ky, which is an all day event but so much fun. Peope come from all over the United States for this sale. Well I need to get busy with my day. I have a break in the nasty weather they are forcasting for us today, So everyone have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. You must be excited to have some milk now. I have tried making several types of cheese, Chevre being our favorite so far. Its super easy to make. Directions and pics have been posted in the older posts on my blog if your interested. its super yummy.

    ReplyDelete